American Gold coins
Gold is being point of interest for human form very beginning , the yellow metal attracts human from ancient age . Gold coins are also equally popular from ancient age throughout the world, Gold is a great symbol of god economic health, stability. So gold is not only popular for ornaments, gold is a good place to investments also. Today’s topic is american gold coins, we will try to explain in details .
People invest in gold in various format, but as our topic is American gold coin, we will focus on only American gold coins. Small history of American gold coins, Gold coin as investment option, some guide on purchase and sell, also few tips as a collector of coins how you should proceed.
History of American gold coin
31st July 1795 first American gold coin was minted. It was half eagles or $5 coin. It was designed by Robert Scot. In first day 744 gold coins was minted, 31st July’s production was first gold coins production for America. This half eagles gold coins was last minted on year 1929. Early Half Eagles Five Dollar Coin font
Others old gold coins are like Gold dollar (1849), Classic Head Quarter Eagle (1835), Half Union (1877) and others are there, as a coin collector you might always try to collect these gold coins from very beginning days of gold coins history in America, but it may not possible for you due to cost, whatever the face value of the coin does not matter actual price is quite high.
Investment in Gold coin
Investment is always done for better returns, and gold coins are always a popular destination for investor, historical records of gold coins also quite impressive. Now point is what your purpose of investment is, and how much you can invest those are the key points which can finalized which gold coins you should pick for your investment. I will try to explain you, so you may get some idea what is right choice for you.
1. Purchase American Gold coins: this is always better to purchase American gold coins, while you are purchasing an American gold coin, US mint give guaranty of quality and purity.
2. Rare Coin : if you are a coin collector and only trying to invest avoid rare coins , because they are expensive , not too easy to sell , this reduce liquidity . But if you are a coin collector, and has enough money to purchase, also there is less chance to sell it in near future go for it. Rare gold coin will give higher return than normal gold coins.
3. Investor must verify and compare available price for selected gold coin online of offline, once you found the lowest one go for it this process may take time but more secure.
4. Verify authenticity of seller, this is very much important. Fake gold’s business almost same old like gold business, so verify from all possible source and document before purchase one.
5. Check out your seller charge for purchase back gold coin from you? That much important, if they charge then how much, you have to consider 2 thing as investor liquidity and maximum gain.
Here are few available gold coins
American Buffalo 2017 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin
the American Buffalo 2017 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin contains 24 karat gold and price $1,640.00*
American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin
The American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin contains .9999 FINE GOLD and price $1,690.00 * .This gold coin is mint to celebrate 225th anniversary of the United States Mint
Walking Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin
The Walking Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin contains one–half troy ounce of 24–karat gold, price of $890.00*
Gold price history
How gold is during on last 10 years? Checkout gold price, here you can get historical price compare of gold.
How to buy an American gold coins?
You can purchase or buy american gold coins online or offline as you wish, but we will recommend to verify catalog from us mint , you will get clear idea of current price ,. They has online purchase option,. Also eBay, amazon eCommerce giant also sell gold coin , you can verify .
How to sell gold coin ?
This is equally important , more option to sell means more liquidity ,any investments has risk , and liquidity of investment give you ability to quickly switch your money somewhere else , fortunately gold coins are easy to sell , check out people around you , even they can purchase from you , local stores , online stores , lot more option , type sell gold coin with your location in Google or face book , you will find lots of option , compare who offer you best and proceed.
Gold coins are most valuable coins ,so as american gold coins and good way to investment either normal or rare coins , but we cannot overlook sudden risk associated with gold coin , like purity of gold in the coin , market fall of gold price , thief and other thread.
You may try alternate option like paper gold, gold fund, even bitcoin as alternate option of investment, but all has its own risk that you need to consider.
Finally I must say as a collector , how collect coin for hobby , the kings hobby , we must collect coin as a form of coin , we consider investment later ,but basic target to increase collection , and growing collection always bring big smile on our face , it does not matter if it’s a gold coin or not .
Do you know ?
How much money is a gold coin worth?
One oz American Eagle Gold coin ( contains 31.104 grams of pure gold) sold approximate $1350 *
How much gold is in a gold dollar coin?
99.99% gold :
- Tenth Ounce $5 Gold American Buffalo (2008)
- Quarter Ounce $10 Gold American Buffalo (2008)
- Half Ounce $25 Gold American Buffalo (2008)
- One Ounce $50 Gold American Buffalo (2006 to present)
- First Spouse Bullion Coins (2007- to 2016) etc
92% gold and 8 % copper :
- Turban Head Gold $2.50 Quarter Eagle (1796 to 1807)
- Capped Bust Gold $2.50 Quarter Eagle (1808 to 1834)
- Turban Head Gold $5 Half Eagle (1795 to 1807)
- Capped Bust Gold $5 Half Eagle (1807 to 1834)
- Turban Head Gold $10 Eagle (1795 to 1804) etc.
91.67% Gold – 3% Silver – 5.33% Copper :
- Tenth Ounce $5 American Gold Eagle (1986 to Present)
- Quarter Ounce $10 American Gold Eagle (1986 to Present)
- Half Ounce $25 American Gold Eagle (1986 to Present)
90% gold and 10 % copper :
- Liberty Head Gold Dollars (1849 to 1854)
- Small Indian Head Gold Dollars (1854 to 1856)
- Large Indian Head Gold Dollars (1856 to 1889)
- Classic Head Gold $2.50 Quarter Eagle (1834 to 1839)
- Coronet Head Gold $2.50 Quarter Eagle (1840 to 1907)
- Indian Head Gold $2.50 Quarter Eagle (1908 to 1929)
- Indian Princess Head Gold $3 (1854 to 1889)
- Classic Head Gold $5 Half Eagle (1834 to 1838)
- Coronet Head Gold $5 Half Eagle (1839 to 1908) etc
85% gold and 15% copper :
- Stella Gold $4 (1879 to 1880)
How much is a $20 gold coin worth?
This coin has almost one ounce of gold , actual figure said 0.9675 ounce. It’s value ups down between $1200* to $1300* .
What are the best gold coins to buy?
After few research we found following list which probably give you idea what to buy
a)American Eagle 1-Ounce Gold Coin
b)American Buffalo 1-Ounce Gold Coin
c)Canadian Maple Leaf 1-Ounce Gold Coin
d)British Britannia 1-Ounce Gold Coin
*please note price is based on time when article written , it maybe vary . You are advice do research before purchase or sell